Image of: two female students

Bursaries and Scholarships


Some universities or colleges may offer discretionary bursaries or scholarships in addition to your Maintenance Loan and grants. The amount you qualify for is determined by your university/college. Contact your Student Support Service to see what additional financial help may be available to you.

NHS Bursaries

If you’re on a course which leads to a qualification in medicine, dentistry or healthcare then you might be able to get a bursary from the National Health Service (NHS).

Applications for NHS Bursaries are dealt with by Student Award Services. Once you've been offered an NHS-commissioned training place Student Award Services will write to tell you how to apply.

Student Award Services provides NHS Bursaries to Students in Wales.

Visit their website to find out further information or call them on 029 2019 6167 .

^ Back to top