Stage 1: Before you apply
Full-time undergraduate, Welsh students

Bursaries available for medical and social work students

NHS bursary

If you’re on a course that leads to a qualification in medicine, dentistry or healthcare then you might be able to get a bursary from the NHS.

Once you've been offered an NHS-commissioned training place Student Award Services will contact you to tell you how to apply.

Student Awards Services provides NHS Bursaries to students in Wales. Visit their website to find out further information.

NHS Wales, Shared Partnership Services

Social work bursary

Social Care Wales manages the social work bursary scheme for students studying approved undergraduate degree or Master’s degree courses in social work. Students studying an approved Master’s degree course in social work can also receive an additional income assessed bursary. Visit their website to find out further information.

Social Care Wales