Image of: two students at computer desks

Travel Grant

If you're attending a clinical placement in the UK or studying abroad as part of your course then you may be eligible for a Travel Grant to help with your travel expenses. The amount available to you depends on your household income

You can get a grant towards reasonable costs for travel to and from:

  • the place in the UK where your clinical training takes place; or
  • the country you have to go to if you're studying abroad.

The Travel Grant will only cover reasonable travel expenses and you will be expected to pay the first £303 yourself.

If you have extra travel costs because you're disabled or have a specific learning difficulty, you should apply for Disabled Students' Allowance instead.

As well as a Travel Grant, you can also get help to cover the cost of medical insurance, visa costs and vaccinations.

How to apply

If you’re studying or working abroad as part of your course and you want to apply for a grant towards the cost of your travel expenses, you should complete a Course Abroad Form.

If you’re studying or working abroad as part of your course, you’ve already sent us a Course Abroad Form and you want to claim for travel expenses you’ve already paid, you should complete a Study Abroad Expenses Claim form.

If you’re on a clinical placement we will automatically send you the form you need once you’ve submitted your application for student finance.

^ Back to top