Postgraduate Initial Teacher Education

You can get help with the costs of your teacher training if you're studying a full-time or part-time postgraduate Initial Teacher Education (ITE) course which leads to a qualification such as Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).

Postgraduate ITE courses attract funding in the same way as undergraduate degree courses. This means that you will be able to apply for tuition fee and living costs support.

You may also be eligible to receive certain ITE incentives, or a grant from a research council. To find out more about this contact your university.

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are also available if you have a disability, including a long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty. DSAs are grants to help pay the essential extra costs you may have as a direct result of your disability.

Full-time ITE students

Find out more about what you can get and how to apply:

Part-time ITE students

Part-time ITE students should visit the part-time section to find out more about the support available and how to apply.

^ Back to top