Image of: female student

Change of Circumstances

If there’s been a change in your circumstances you must notify us as soon as possible as this can affect your entitlement.

If you’re having to study online from home in 2021 to 2022 rather than attending your course on campus at your university or college, you’ll still be entitled to a Maintenance Loan and any grants you qualify for. Your student finance will be paid to you as normal, as if you were studying on site at your university or college.

If your circumstances have changed and you’ll now be living at home with parents rather than in your own accommodation, you’ll need to update your living location details in your online account. You’ll also need to update your application if you were supposed to be studying abroad this year but will now be staying in the UK to study online with your overseas provider.

The quickest and easiest way to make changes to your student finance application is through your online account.

If you’re unable to make changes to your online application, you’ll need to send us a CO1 form with the updates you need to make.

If a change of circumstances results in you being paid more than you’re entitled to, the overpayment will need to be paid back. For example, if you withdraw from your course, you’ll only get student finance for the time you attended. We’ll contact you in these circumstances to arrange an affordable repayment plan.

^ Back to top