Changes to your information or circumstances
Changes you must tell us about
You need to let us know if:
- you change your home address
- you change your term time living location
- your course, university or college changes
- you leave your course
- you change your name or marital status
If you’ve applied for fee support only, you cannot use your online account to tell us about changes. You need to send us an CO2 form instead.
Need to update us with a change to your information?
If you change your address
You can update this in your online account.
Where you live during term time affects how much student finance you get, so changing your address might mean you’ve been paid too much student finance.
If your course, university or college changes
You can update this in your online account before your course has started.
After your course has started, you need to ask your university or college to tell us.
If you leave your course
You need to contact us and get your university or college to tell us as well.
We’ll stop any future payments and work out how much student finance you’re entitled to. This means you might have been paid too much student finance and have to pay some of it back before you’re earning over the repayment threshold.
You might be able to get student finance for an extra 60 days after you leave your course if you left because you were seriously ill. You may need to submit evidence of this.
If you change your name or marital status
You must write and tell us if you change your name or marital status. The letter must include:
- your customer reference number
- the date
- your signature
- evidence that you’ve changed your name or marital status, such as a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name deed
Writing to us
If you want to change the amount of loan you’ve asked for
You need to submit a form.
Changes your parents or partner must tell us about
If their income changes
Your parents or partner must:
- correct any mistakes about their household income by sending a new PFF2 form
- tell us if they think their household income will be 15% lower than the tax year they gave us details for
If they have another child
Your parents or partner must tell us if they have any more children by sending a new PFF2 form.