Forms and Evidence

What evidence and forms do parents or partners send in?

Financial Evidence

Usually, you won't have to send us any evidence if you've given us your National Insurance number and we've checked your income with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). In some cases, however, we may ask you to send us specific evidence such as evidence of:

  • earned income including non UK, such as income from salary or wages
  • unearned income including non UK, such as income from savings and investments
  • allowable deductions such as private pension payments and additional voluntary contributions.

Marital Evidence

  • divorce
  • separation

You should use the Postgraduate Document Return form when providing extra information to support an application, so we can link the evidence to your account.

Document Return Form (PDF, 70KB)


If you have been asked to provide financial information in support of an application

PGPFF Assessment of Financial Circumstance Form (PDF, 343KB).

If completed a paper tax return in 2017/18 tax year, you may find the following guide useful.

Paper tax return guide for tax year 2017/18 (PDF, 581KB) 

If you want to apply for a Current Year Income Assessment

Current Year Income Assessment Form 2019/20 (PDF, 185KB)

If you need to confirm marital status

Marital Status Declaration Form 2019/20 (PDF, 88KB)

Complete this form if you didn't sign the paper application form when the student applied for finance

Sponsor Signature Form 2019/20 (PDF, 54KB)

We welcome Welsh correspondence and calls. This won’t lead to a delay in our response.

^ Back to top