Proving your household income
If you’re applying for student finance that depends on your household income, we’ll use it to work out how much student finance you can get.
Your household income is:
- your parents’ income, if you’re under 25
- the income of one of your parents and their partner, if you’re under 25
- your partner’s income, if you’re 25 or over, or you’re classed as independent
- your spouse’s income, if you’re married
- income you get from your own savings, investments or property, for example dividends or rent
Your parents or partner will need to give us their income details on a ‘PGPFF form’, which you can download from your online account. We might ask them to submit evidence.
If you’re under 25 and have supported yourself financially for at least 3 years or had no contact with your parents for over a year, you might be able to apply as an independent student.