New to WGLG FE in 2019/20?
If you’re new to WGLG FE, the following guide contains everything you need to know.
To ensure you get paid on time please use the guidance notes to complete your application. You can download the form and guidance notes here:
We welcome Welsh correspondence and calls. This won’t lead to a delay in our response.
- Application forms must be received within 9 months of your course start date
- All information and evidence must be received within 12 months of your course start date
You’ll need to send in evidence of your nationality and household income with your completed application. Information about what you need to send is in this section:
Got WGLG (FE) last year?
If you got WGLG (FE) last year we will write to you to tell you what you need to do in order to get the Welsh Government Learning Grant FE in academic year 2019/20. If you’ve not received a letter from us by the end of June 2019, please call the customer service team on 0300 200 4050.
Applying for a change of circumstance of your Welsh Government Learning Grant FE entitlement
If your household income changes through the year you may be entitled to a reassessment of your original Welsh Government Learning Grant FE entitlement.
Welsh Government Learning Grant FE entitlement.
Under what circumstances can I be assessed for a change of circumstance?
You can apply for a change of circumstance of your Welsh Government Learning Grant FE entitlement if any of the following applies to you:
- You're now responsible for a child
- You're now living under Local Authority Care.
- There is a new young person in the household that you're responsible for.
- You're now financially supporting yourself with;
- Employment/Self Employment earnings;
- Taxable Benefits;
- Income Support/Income Related Employment and Support Allowance in your own name.
There has been a permanent drop in household income because:
- Your parents have separated or divorced;
- One or both of your parents are deceased;
- One or both of your parents are now disabled;
- Your household earnings or benefits have recently changed.
When should I apply for a change of circumstance?
You should apply as soon as your circumstances have changed.
If your change of circumstance is due to a deceased parent /partner, the birth of a child or a new sibling, the change of circumstance will apply from the date the change of circumstances occurred.
Any revised award due to a reduction in household income shall only apply from the date that the Change of Circumstance form is received.
How do I apply for a change of circumstance?
You need to complete a Change of Circumstance form. You can get this form by calling the customer service team on 0300 200 4050.