Image of: girl at worktop

How do I Apply?

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we understand that you might not be able to collect your application from school or print it. We are aware you might not be able to post it to us just now. Please do not worry as we will process your application once we receive it and you will still get your money.

Applications and evidence for academic year 2021 can be received for up to 9 months after the start of the academic year. It is important that once your course starts you sign your WGLG agreement in order to get your money after we process your application.

New to WGLG FE in 2020 to 2021?

If you’re new to WGLG FE, the following guide contains everything you need to know.

To ensure you get paid on time please use the guidance notes to complete your application. You can download the form and guidance notes here:

We welcome Welsh correspondence and calls. This won’t lead to a delay in our response.

Key Dates

  • Application forms must be received within 9 months of your course start date
  • All information and evidence must be received within 12 months of your course start date

Got WGLG FE last year?

If you got WGLG FE last year we will write to you to tell you what you need to do in order to get the WGLG FE in academic year 2020 to 2021. If you’ve not received a letter from us by the end of June 2020, please call the customer service team on 0300 200 4050.

Have your circumstances changed?

If your household income changes through the year you may be entitled to a reassessment of your original WGLG FE entitlement.

You can apply for a change of circumstance of your Welsh Government Learning Grant FE entitlement if any of the following applies to you:

  • You're now responsible for a child.
  • You're now living under Local Authority Care.
  • There is a new young person in the household that you're responsible for.
  • You're now financially supporting yourself with:
    • Employment/Self Employment earnings;
    • Taxable Benefits;
    • Income Support/Income Related Employment and Support Allowance in your own name.

There has been a permanent drop in household income because:

  • Your parents have separated or divorced
  • One or both of your parents are deceased
  • One or both of your parents are now disabled
  • Your household earnings or benefits have recently changed

When should I apply for a change of circumstance?

You should apply as soon as your circumstances have changed.

If your change of circumstance is due to a deceased parent/partner, the birth of a child or a new sibling, the change of circumstance will apply from the date the change of circumstances occurred.

Any revised award due to a reduction in household income shall only apply from the date that the Change of Circumstance form is received.

How do I apply for a change of circumstance?

You need to complete a Change of Circumstance form. You can get this form by calling the customer service team on 0300 200 4050.

^ Back to top