Image of: two male students in booth

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and Social Work

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Training

If you’re starting a new full-time postgraduate ITT course, you may be eligible to apply for both tuition fee support and help with your living costs.

You may also be eligible to receive certain ITT incentives (ask your university about these).

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are available if you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty.

Social Work Bursary

The Care Council for Wales manages the Social Work Bursary Scheme for students studying approved undergraduate degree or Masters degree courses in Social Work. Students studying an approved Masters degree course in Social Work can also receive an additional income assessed bursary. If you need further information about eligibility for the Social Work Bursary, you can contact the Student Funding Team, Care Council.

Contact details for the Student Funding Team, Care Council:

Phone: 0845 070 0249
Minicom: 02920 780 680
Fax: 02920 780 674

^ Back to top