Image of: two male students in booth

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Education (ITE) and Social Work

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Education

If you’re starting a new full-time postgraduate ITE course, you may be eligible to apply for both tuition fee support and help with your living costs.

You may also be eligible to receive certain ITE incentives (ask your university about these).

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are available if you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty.

Social Work Bursary

Social Care Wales manages the Social Work Bursary Scheme for students studying approved undergraduate degree or Masters degree courses in social work. Students studying an approved Masters degree course in social work can also receive an additional income assessed bursary. If you need further information about eligibility for the Social Work Bursary, you can contact the Student Funding and Grants Team at Social Care Wales on:

Phone: 029 2078 0698
Minicom: 029 2078 0680

^ Back to top