Image of: male student at desk

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and Social Work

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Training

If you’re continuing on a full-time postgraduate ITT course, depending on your household income, you may be eligible to receive a Welsh Government Learning Grant of up to £5,161 (see living costs).

You may also be eligible to receive certain ITT incentives (ask your university about these).

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are available if you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty.

Disabled Students' Allowances

Social Work Bursary

The Care Council for Wales manages the Social Work Bursary Scheme for students studying approved undergraduate degree or Masters degree courses in Social Work. Students studying an approved Masters degree course in Social Work can also receive an additional income assessed bursary.

If you need further information about eligibility for the Social Work Bursary, you can contact the Student Funding Team, Care Council.

Contact details for the Student Funding Team, Care Council

Phone: 0845 070 0249
Minicom: 02920 780 680
Fax: 02920 780 674

^ Back to top