We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information you submit to us. All personal information you provide is transferred via a secured connection. This is completed under 128 bit SSL (Secure Socket layer) encryption, which is a leading security standard for the transmission of data within the e-services industry.
We do not conduct any long-term tracking of your visits to our site with cookies and you can always delete your cookies when you are deleting your temporary internet files. However, you should note that this will affect all sites that have provided cookies, not just ours. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. It should be noted that our website will not work without cookies.
We will process, use and disclose information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in the following ways:
- to help provide services to you.
- to administer your participation in the Student Loans Scheme.
- where authorised by you, to arrange for the collection of repayments made by you in relation to your Student Loans Account.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information on services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- to carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to monitor the performance of the website.
You agree that SLC can use your personal data for such purposes, unless and until you inform SLC otherwise. SLC will not supply, transmit, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party without your consent under any circumstances, except where required or permitted by law.
We have a legal obligation under the Data Protection Act to ensure that all information held and processed about you complies with the principles of the Act. To achieve this aim we need accurate information about you. Should you discover that SLC is holding personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, please notify SLC as soon as possible. SLC will then correct its records, and notify third parties to whom such personal data may have been supplied in accordance with this policy.
Under the terms of the Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, upon payment of the appropriate fee. If you wish to obtain a copy, please write to:
Customer Assistance team
100 Bothwell Street
You will need to enclose a cheque or postal order for £10 and mark your letter ‘Subject Access Request’.