Image of: male student studying at desk

2016/17 - what financial support is available?

If you’re a continuing full-time student in academic year 2016/17, find out what student finance you might be able to get:

Image of: male student

Tuition fee support

Tuition Fee Loans, Fee Grants and Tuition Fee Grants are paid directly to your university or college and cover the cost of your fees.

Find out more »
Image of: students in classroom

Help with living costs

There are loans and grants available to help you throughout your course. These are paid directly into your bank account.

Find out more »
Image of: Tutor in lecture

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and Social Work

There’s support available for students who are on Initial Teacher Training and Social work courses.

Find out more »
Image of: leaflets

Extra support

There are extra grants available to help support you through your studies, depending on your personal circumstances.

Find out more »


This guide provides information about the financial support available to continuing students in 2016/17.

This guide is for all students who take out loans during academic year 2016/17. It’s very important that you read this guide carefully before applying for student finance.

This guide is for estranged students who are applying for independent status from Student Finance Wales.

^ Back to top